Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome to My Blog



Well, everyone else is doing this so I thought I'd try, too. I don't know if anything I could post would be of interest to anyone but it could be fun. I've already "met" some great people on other blogs so now I guess I'll share a little bit about our family.

I have been married to the same man for 22 years, I have had the same boss for 20 years, and I have had the same kids for 20 and 12 years. My 20 year old, Sean, has Cornelia deLange Syndrome and oh what a journey that has been. My 12 year old, Clayton, is my baby who is very quickly turning into a young man. Because Sean doesn't like crowded places and can be very loud at times, we don't venture out alot. One thing that we have been doing for the last 6 years that has been a lifesaver is camping. We bought a motorhome and can "get away from real life" every once in a while. We don't go far - we have a State Park 20 minutes from home. Even though it is so close, it seems light years away from the normal day-to-day of the work week. If Sean decides he doesn't want to be in the great outdoors, he can go into the motorhome and have all the comforts of home. There are those that would say that this isn't really camping but it works for us. Last year we bought a fishing boat and have enjoyed that as well.

I am hoping that by starting this blog it will make me take more pictures. I can't believe that 20 years have already flown by and, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos to document them. We have the Easter, Christmas, holiday pictures but none of the real pictures that capture real life. I have seen so many interesting pictures that other people have taken and it has inspired me to start clicking away. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to post them on here!!

Well, I've got to go for now. Please check back and see if I have been able to manage to post anything. See you soon!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am so glad you decided to join the blog world. It really changes your view of your day. I keep thinking, "oh, I could put this on my blog." I think it will be great to look at years from now too.

I am excited to read more about the life and times of Rhonda and her special family. :)

Sara