Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CdLS Blog Challenge

Well, as usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short. Actually, I'm two days late. Here goes anyway. My simple pleasures are

Sitting by the campfire with friends & family.

Having lunch with an old friend.

Logging on to check on new friends.

Fixing my son a smoothie and
getting a hair combing in return.

Garage sales on Saturday morning.

Watching Sean carry his lunch tray at school.

The challenge also asked if pleasures are drawn from more simple things because I have a child with special needs. I have always been happy with just being home and not needing to be entertained so I don't think that changed. I appreciate the simple things more. I will always remember when Sean learned to drink out of a straw - he was about 5. We celebrated like he had just won a gold medal in the Olympics. When I saw him carrying his lunch tray at 19 years old, I cried. Those were simple pleasures that I would not have thought about otherwise. So, I guess the answer is I do appreciate the simple things more.

Now, I'm going to enjoy another simple thing - sleep. Good night.

2 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Someone else mentioned a nap and I was so sad that I forgot to put it on my list.

Thank you for participating! I keep the link list up in hopes that people will still want to participate even if it is after the scheduled time.

Have a great wednesday!

Rhonda said...

Just for the record, I posted at 9:17 p.m. last night. It looks like I was going to bed at 6:17 p.m.!! I haven't done that in a long time. I don't know why my time is off that much.