Saturday, August 2, 2008

Memories

I am not nearly as creative as a lot of people I have came across but I am pretty proud of something I did a couple of months ago. As usual, there is a story. A couple of years ago I found 2 shadow boxes on clearance and as you will soon come to know, I LOVE clearance sales. I went ahead and bought them ($10 each) knowing that I would be redoing our bedroom soon. Well, it took a couple of years but we finally got around to redoing the bedroom. I pulled the shadow boxes out of a corner and put my idea to work. I had kept the boys' outfits that they came home from the hospital in. They were just in a box in a closet. I thought it would be nice to have them out where I could see them and enjoy looking at them. With them both being boys I doubt they will ever want them in the future but who knows. I am certainly enjoying them now. They certainly bring back memories.

Sean's is on top. He only weighed 5 lb. 4 oz. so his outfit was a premie. Clayton's is next. He weighed 6 lb. 1 oz. so his wasn't a premie but still so small. I put their hospital pictures in along with a couple of things I had saved. They are now hanging proudly in our bedroom. I think they turned out great.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I love them, Rhonda! What a great idea.....and I love that you got them on clearance. You are my kind of girl. :) Now you have me thinking about what I can do with Madeline's keepsakes. Hmmmmmm. ;)

Sara

Karen said...

We've kept little things from when our boys were babies, but that is a GREAT idea to display them!

Misty said...

BEAUTIFUL! what a great idea!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heidi @ ggip said...

Great idea! I would love to do something like that too.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, those turned out gorgeous!! What a great idea! I kept my girls' first outfits, I may have to try something like this :-)