Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Randall

My brother, Randall, would be 44 years old today. He died in a motorcycle accident when he was 25. I can't believe he's been gone so long. Sean was only 2 years old when he died. Neither Clayton nor my nieces were even born. At the time, and for a long time after, we didn't see how life could go on. But, eventually, with the births of babies and the healing of time, it did. It wasn't the same life, but we learned to live a new normal. Even after all these years, I cry as I type this. I miss him. I wonder what he would be like at this time of his life. Would he have married his girlfriend? Would he have kids? Would he be happy? One thing I do know is we have a guardian Angel in heaven looking over us and we will see him again one day.


Until then, Happy Birthday Randall. I love you.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

So sorry to hear of your loss so many years ago. It sounds like you loved him very much. What a beautiful tribute to your brother.

Misty said...

sorry for the loss of your brother. your memories will always keep him alive in you heart.

cdlsva said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. Your memories will keep him close. This is such a beautiful tribute to him.