Monday, November 3, 2008

More Birthday Fun

Our family doesn't just have one birthday celebration. We always have one at home and then we have one at Grandma's. We went to Marion this weekend for Clayton's second party. It was just my family but it was fun. We got down there Friday evening which was Halloween. My mom's church had "Trunk or Treat". They take their cars to the church parking lot and decorate the trunks of them and hand out candy to the kids. It's a safe way of trick or treating. I had never seen it before and it was actually pretty cool. There were lots of cars and the people dressed up too. My nieces dressed up and so did I and we went to Trunk or Treat. Here are some pics.



On Saturday we had lunch and then Clayton got to open his presents. He is at the stage where he wants money so he got $50 and some boxers in a Guitar Hero tin. My dad had surgery a couple of weeks ago and had to have his hair cut and the nurse brought the hair back in a bag and gave it to my mom. No idea why they would have done that but since they did we thought it would be funny to wrap it up and give it to Clayton. He opened it and thought it was funny.


Some have said our family is weird. I wonder why! I tease Clayton about loving Sponge Bob. He watches the show but always says he doesn't really like him. It's kind of a running joke now so we got him a Sponge Bob cake.

After cake we wrote wishes on paper and attached them to balloons and went outside and let them go. I wonder where they went. I was hoping maybe they would have flown up to Springfield but we haven't found any yet!! Who knows where they could be.





Then it was time for some silly string fun. It was a fun weekend and I think the boys had a good time. Here's some more pics.


Funny faces in the car.




Sean & PawPaw.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! I think the Trunk or Treat sounds like a terrific idea!

heidi @ ggip said...

I had never heard of trunk or treat until I read about it on your blog and another one. it is a great idea!

Sounds like a lot of fun!

cdlsva said...

Sounds like Clayton had another great party! That's the first time I've heard about trunk or treat, sounds really fun though :-) Love your idea of releasing balloons with wishes!